Instrumentation & Control Engineers
11 - 15 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Instrumentation & Control Engineers for our client in Mississippi State,MS
Job Title: Instrumentation & Control Engineers
Job Location: Mississippi State,MS
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min 5 year of exp
- Instrumentation Engineer to work on Downstream small to medium fast track projects. The Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Engineer performs basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel.
- Serves as Project Engineer embedded within the team and is responsible for gathering and analyzing technical data used to furnish a design package of deliverables to fulfill scope of work requirements that include preparation of engineering work orders, generating instrument lists, I/O lists, specifications, and related design documents
- Supporting the project team on functional & design capacity
- Supporting the creation of Engineering work orders
- Supporting & participate as SME forproject implementation
- Instrumentation Engineer to produce Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering deliverables including instrument indexes, loop diagrams, control panels, junction boxes, and I/O assignments.
- Develop expertise in specification of instrumentation, control valves, and other controls hardware.
- Working knowledge of P&ID’s, PFD’s, loop diagrams, installation details, and NEC/ISA standards.
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Assists in field work, checking installations, and problem solving activities.
- Assisting in generation and collection of engineering work orders during shutdowns and ATAs
- Serves as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Seven (7) or more years working in one or more of the following service areas: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing
- Knowledge of all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation.
- Ability to perform and check sizing calculations for flow meters and control valves is a plus
- Experience with PLC specification, Operator Interface, and Process Automation Controllers; configuration knowledge is a plus
- Experience with P & ID’s, instrument loop diagrams, wiring schematic diagrams, panel layout and detail drawings
- Experience in integration of data between systems – SPI, Blue Cielo, Meridian etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel); familiar with Revit and Autodesk CAD (3D preferred) software
- 10+ years Instrumentation preferably (1 Electrical engineer incase we are short of instrument engineer with electricalexperience)
- Engineering Graduate in Instrumentation / Electrical
- Day today engineeringsupport & plant support
- Craft type engineer who can support projects like repair, replacement, modification and upgrade
- Writing out engineering work orders & prep for ATA (major shutdowns)
- Mid-level experience atleast 6+ with engineering background