Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 62 days ago
ABB is seeking Instrumentation and Force measurement Customer Service Manager for its Warminster, PA location. You will be responsible to lead the overall aftermarket customer service group based in Warminster, PA. Focus on safety, customer satisfaction, operational metrics, and growing the business by selling more customer services. Manager will spend 20-25 percent of his/her time directly with customers to increase service sales and provide world class service support for water, power, oil and gas, metals and general industry customers.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Overall P&L responsibility for Instrumentation and Force measurement Customer Service business
• Overall management of customer services on instrumentation and force measurement equipment within the water, power, oil and gas, metals and general industries such as cement and paper
• Grow service capabilities based on installed base, sales growth projections and overall business strategy
• Coordinate service sales initiative and work with sales/ business development personnel to meet sales targets and specific growth initiatives for spare parts, repairs, upgrades, training, and service agreements
• Month/Quarter end reporting for the business line. Examples are utilization, absorption, on time delivery, and operational excellence KPIs
• Implement operational excellence projects and efficiencies within the team to create more customer value with our products and services while reducing overall ABB costs
• Management of all field service personnel for instrumentation and force measurement equipment
• Responsible for technical competency growth of team members
• Cross training with other business team members as required to manage customer requirements based on regional demands
• Strategically position and grow field service to meet market demands
• Competency and Customer care development responsibility for all direct reports
• Safety responsibility for the team including safety meetings, personal protective equipment, annual training, site-specific training and reporting
• Responsible for overall scheduling of field service engineers to optimize utilization and manage overall customer expectation with regard to on time delivery of services
• Responsible for quality of service delivery and associated metrics
• Provide input to R&D and product managers to define and create service offerings
• Establish budget for all capital and expense items for team
• Manage and help negotiate all service contracts working with sales and legal personnel as required
• Financial responsibility for utilization/absorption, invoicing, customer disputes, and cost center budgets
• Meeting internal and external customer expectations
• Coordination of external, intra-ABB, and division/BL resources to ensure successful execution
• Close collaboration with factories, product management, Sales personnel, and channel partners
• Conduct regular meetings with Service Team
• Participation in AMC Hub Service leadership team
• Minimum of Associates' degree in a technical field and a minimum of Ten (10)+ years' experience in Instrumentation, Flow, and/or Level products including but not limited to pressure, temperature, flow, and level meters, analyzers (water, oxygen, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8+ years' experience in a technical field and a minimum of Ten (10) + years' experience in Instrumentation, Flow, and/or Level products including but not limited to pressure, temperature, flow, and level meters, analyzers (water, oxygen, etc.).
*A Master's Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
*A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience
• Bachelors' degree in a technical field, business management, chemical or related engineering degree.
• 8 + years' in water, power, or oil and gas industry
• Management budget responsibility in customer service
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB