We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as an Instrument Team Leader located in Port Neches, TX. As an Instrument Team Leader, you will guide the performance of instrument teams for PSM chemical manufacturing operations. You will collaborate with Engineering, Production, Maintenance, and Construction personnel in providing Instrument Services. You will also assure compliance with NFPA, contractual, state and federal regulations in a manner that protects safety of life and limb, environmental compliance, while attaining targeted operating objectives.
What will be expected from you?
- Receives planned work from the Maintenance planners and is responsible for managing a weekly work schedule.
- Monitors job progress and adjusts priorities as necessary to meet schedule and production needs. Spends time in the production units working with technicians.
- Supervises the work of supplemental maintenance contractors.
- Verifies the quality/correctness of work performed by those under supervision and confirms when work is technically completed.
- Supervise team members to ensure adherence to established site policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the execution of instrument work. Provide overall leadership and direction to crafts for safe and effective execution of work. This includes routine PMs, turnaround (planned large scale activities), and outage (major emergency) maintenance.
- Visit work sites to assure crafts have the resources they need to complete jobs in a quality fashion. Ensure personnel are working safely, productively, and executing work in a quality manner.
- Approves timesheets, service tickets and reviews maintenance expenses while managing labor availability.
- Participates in Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. Ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure requiredstaffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Accountabilities include executing the daily maintenance plan, keep weekly and daily schedules, adapt to schedule changes [Break-ins], use systems for feedback including CMMS, Passport, and SAP. Assure failure codes are entered, submit work requests for work discovered during PM work execution.
- Assist with the supervision of capital work as needed, write variances as needed, order and expedite materials, and administer Management of Change.
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Associatedegree with instrument focus, instrument apprenticeship, and 4 years of experienceOR8+ years of specific instrument experience.
- Team Leader experiencepreferred but not required.
- Experience with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Verbal and written communications skills required for effective interfacing.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficiency with SAP, MS Products, and Email.
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.