Req Id 61882
The Instrument Engineer position is for an Electrical or related discipline Engineer specializing in instrumentation and control systems with 7+ years of applicable industrial experience. Of particular interest would be the areas of Turbomachinery Governor Controls, Instrument Data Management, On-Line Instrument Diagnostics, digital instrument technology, control valve technology, Safety Instrumented Systems, or distributed control systems.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Function as a credible technical lead on the largest projects being executed within LYB
- Provide engineering design and specifications to support procurement and construction activities for projects
- Review design drawing and engineering specifications to ensure conformance with relevant standards and practices
- Serve as an instrument technology expert liaison between project engineers, plant maintenance, and operations personnel
- Interact with Engineers and Construction contractors, both on-site and off-site
- Analyze reliability, environmental, and process safety incident data and deliver results in reducing incidents across businesses
- Steward the development, implementation and maintenance of Global Instrument Engineering Standards
- Effectively facilitate teamwork to obtain alignment of organizational goals and gain consensus and support from company personnel
- Consult and assist sites globally with the maintenance of existing instrumentation
- Provide training to others on new as well as existing instrument technologies
- Work to develop into Staff Instrument Engineer within GPE or at an LYB site
- Participate in global teams and networks
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering Discipline
- 7+ years applicable industrial experience.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Proven leader with the ability to successfully drive critical initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of Turbomachinery Governor Controls, Instrument Data Management, On-Line Instrument Diagnostics, digital instrument technology, control valve technology, or distributed control systems