Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 340 days ago
Manages Instrument and Electrical Projects, using I/E engineering expertise and appropriate resources to ensure work is completed safely, in a cost effective manner, within budget and schedule, and to the standards required.
Provide project and maintenance support to other departments in the area of plant electrical distribution facilities.
Manages the maintenance of standards, procedures and relevant documentation relating to the Methanex USA facilities. Ensures the maintenance, storage, and distribution of Instrument and Electrical critical drawings are carried out by the I&E Designers to procedure and standard.
Develops and maintains the design, modification, security and reliability of all instrument and electrical systems used to operate Methanex USA production facilities.
• Ensures all assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects are managed such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
• Provides expert knowledge, advice and direction to management and co-workers on configurable control systems within Methanex USA.
• Ensures the assigned projects are implemented in accordance with Methanex Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with all regulations.
• Manages the assigned Instrument and Electrical Project work list to meet customer requirements.
• Ensures all scopes of work for assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages are accurate, sufficient and clear.
• Develops engineering briefs, and provides technical advice and assistance as required to the Project group to allow the development of detailed engineering scopes of work and designs.
• Ensures the plant Management of Change process is followed for all plant modifications.
• Ensures appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted for assigned Instrument and Electrical related projects and all issues identified are actioned.
• Coordinates commissioning of assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects with Operations.
• Manages the assigned tender and awards contracts in conjunction with the Purchasing team for detailed design preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages and construction.
• Ensures all contractors undertaking assigned project work on the Methanex Geismar site are effectively supervised such that safety, quality, costs and schedule targets are achieved.
• Ensures all I&E drawings and documentation are controlled according to the Methanex Geismar procedures and standards.
• Provides project support by taking a lead role in Engineering during the engineering, construction and start-up phases of plant. Specifically reviewing and verifying instrument data sheets, instrument selection and installation drawings.
• Develops and verifies QAQC documentation for the punch list and turnover packages for plant projects.
• Upholds I/E technical excellence for the Methanex USA operations.
• Advises and assists in the development of plant control systems to include DCS and PLC.
• Advises in the development of maintenance plans to ensure the I/E and Electrical systems are operating with optimal efficiency and reliability.
• Conducts investigations for all system failures and identify the system modifications, upgrades, or changes required to prevent these.
• Provides technical advice and assistance to the I&E Supervisor, I&E Technicians and the Operations Department on Instrument and Electrical systems.
• Advises the Operations Department in the development of operational procedures relating to Instrumentation and Electrical systems.
• Identifies Instrumentation and Electrical systems training requirements for Maintenance Technicians.
• Maintains an understanding of the current and future technology trends and make recommendations for system enhancements or replacements which are financially justifiable.
• Develops operating budgets for designated areas and propose capital budget items as required. Manage the budgets for any allocated work.
• Develops procedures for specialized system tests and calibrations.
• Maintains key relationships with system vendors to ensure specialist services are available when required.
• Supports the project team by taking a lead role in Engineering during the FEED study, detailed engineering phase and continuing on through plant commissioning and start-up.
• Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.