With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Global Construction, Maintenance and Turnaround (CMT) group is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global CMT group provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Position Summary:Candidate will participate in design, coordination and execution of electrical projects for our clients. Candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented professional with demonstrated experience in electrical engineering design of Oil & Gas systems.
- Prepare all I&C design and engineering deliverables including:
- Instrument Index & Specifications
- Design drawings including Control System Architecture, Control Panel Layouts with BOM, Power Junction Box (PJB), Instrument Junction Box (IJB)
- Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams
- Control Schematics
- Cable Schedules
- Instrument Installation Details
- Instruction Location Plans
- Prepare designs and calculations in accordance with established department standards, design procedures, design guidelines and best practices
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other engineering disciplines
- Prepares E&I studies and analyses for arc-flash studies, load-flow studies and other comparable E&I studies
- Reviews Electrical and I&C designs for compliance to project specifications and standards
- Creates and maintains updated files of assigned projects including shop drawings and discipline drawings
- Develops project engineering scope of work, project schedules, and man-hour estimates
- Creates and maintains project files, including shop drawings and discipline drawings
- Participate in meeting with clients and project teams to establish project to objectives and to facilitate the resolution of design concerns
- Reviews and approves vendor submittals and approves deliverables prior to formal issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience; 7+ years experience is preferred
- 4 years in Oil & Gas preferred
- In-depth knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Project delivery work flow
- Proficiency and Microsoft Office
- Artic project experience, preferred