Instructor / Trainer for Software Engineers C++ or Python
POSITION TITLE: Instructor / Trainer for Software Engineers C++ or Python
SPECIFICATION NUMBER: 69605CRI
LOCATION: New York, New York
COMPENSATION: $150,000 base or market rate + Bonus
COMPANY: Our client is a leader in the Financial Services Industry.
- 4+ years of experience in designing and implementing production applications
- Breadth and depth in software engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate concepts in a concise, logical manner to students
- A passion for learning, teaching, and mastering complex system functionality
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods
- Relevant technical training work experience
IDEAL ADDITIONAL SKILL SETS
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to lead discussions and actively influence the development of new strategies to improve course offerings
- Teach a variety of classes for experienced software engineers Collaboratively define course structure, content, and delivery method to produce high quality training
- Develop a deep knowledge of Bloomberg technologies and work across functional teams to stay current with rapidly evolving enhancements
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle of the training tools, from understanding the functional requirements through to coding, deployment, and maintenance
- Build relationships across teams to meet goals
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
Training team members have a passion for technology and a desire to share this passion with others. You should enjoy helping people develop to take on the challenges that comes with a fast growing technology space. You will be part of a team that develops training for engineers across the globe.
Our client's training team is responsible for providing learning opportunities to develop the technical skills of their software engineers. They collaborate with all teams across engineering to ensure that they provide the highest quality of educational development. They also roll up their sleeves to create their our own platforms for the training and documentation of the engineering community.
They strive to make their curriculum exciting for both trainers and trainees; they use state of the art interactive technology, and have a highly collaborative team to ensure success for everyone. They aim to encourage participation and provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and from other developers in Engineering.