UEI College is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking a Dental Assistant Instructor to join our team at our Morrow Campus. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering quality educational programs to our students by helping develop the technical and soft skills students need in order to secure an entry level job in their new career.
Essential day-to-day job responsibilities include:
- Complying with all federal, state, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Teaching didactic and hands-on/lab components of an assigned course(s) or program according to the IEC standardized curriculum and the course and program objectives.
- Teaching course in accordance with the campus class schedule, including beginning and end of class, and all class breaks.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of students' attendance and students' academic grades and progress.
- Enforcing all classroom management policies and processes, including attendance taking and program-related dress code.
- Conducting one-on-one student advisements, course-specific student academic remediation and studentcoaching/tutoring.
- Communicating with Director of Education regarding students at risk.
- Developing and implementing student-centered and student engaging classroom activities and methods of teaching and learning.
- Participating in faculty meetings and in-service trainings.
- Following applicable requirements for Continuing Education Units.
- Maintaining professional, technical and instructional competencies through in- service trainings provided by IEC and independent professional development activities.
- Must be an RDA licensee for 3 years and maintain valid, current RDA license throughout employment.
- Must have X-Ray, Coronal Polishing, and Pit and Fissure certifications. CDA certificate or 5 years of experience isrequired in Georgia based schools. EDA is required for Florida based schools. RDA certificate is required in California schools.
- Thirty-six months combined related industry and/or teaching experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students' lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!