Participates in the teaching mission of the SON; specific activities and responsibilities are based on rank. Faculty members in the clinical series are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising.
Function/Duties of Position
- Clinical Activities: Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practice based on teaching assignment.
- Scholarly Activities: Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
- Education Activities: Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
- Service Activities: These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
- Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
- Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service
Master's degree in Nursing
Oregon RN license and current CPR card
Three years of clinical practice experience
Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher