Designs, develops, manages, conducts and evaluates complex, specialized technical training materials, assessments and programs in a variety of curriculum and interactive formats, employing a systematic methodology and instructional technology. Performs needs analysis and cost-benefit analysis and prepares and presents reports regarding the development, implementation and evaluation of training programs and curricula. Provides extensive, specialized leadership, training, instruction, processes, tools, and guidance in the performance of Instructional System Development (ISD) tasks. Stays current on industry best practices and applies those to the workplace. Evaluates new instructional strategies, methods, technologies and tools related to instructional design, development, and delivery for internal and external customers. Actively coaches others and consistently models behavior reflective of team play and corporate values.
- Designs custom technical training programs, including writing clear and measurable performance-based learning goals and objectives, organizing and sequencing content, and building training frameworks. Documents program design in project-related artifacts, such as description and design documents, training plans, content outlines, or course flow charts, complete with branching and student pathing.
- Conducts needs and task analysis to identify performance-based training solutions using techniques such as performance analysis, job and task analysis, content analysis, and any other front-end analysis. Documents analysis results as a basis for training design.
- Develops custom technical training programs in a variety of curriculum and interactive formats, including instructor-led, self-paced paper based, and e-learning formats, employing a systematic methodology and instructional technology.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and in compliance with the program design and department and industry standards, develops a wide variety of technical training content for both students and instructors, including textbooks, workbooks, job aids, e-learning, videos, instructor guides, Powerpoint presentations, and syllabi.
- Serves as lead instructional designer on projects as assigned and manages related project activity with minimal or no guidance.
- Writes practice and feedback opportunities and evaluation questions based on objective domain and level of domain.
- Activates learning through creation of appropriate interactions, activities, and exercises.
- Evaluates training systems. Defines success criteria in relation to customer and department metrics, and implements and participates in practices necessary to gather and publish reporting criteria.
- Provides extensive and specialized level of leadership, training, instruction, processes, tools, and guidance in the performance of Instructional System Development (ISD) tasks using various resources (e.g., instructional systems design and development models, principles and practices of adult learning, and appropriate technology)
- Maintains a state-of-the-art knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and emergent technologies in the instructional design industry.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the significant expenditure of company resources.
- Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Job ID 674