Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As an Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for building creative, interactive and engaging curriculum within the corporate training team at Gallo. You will work with senior management and cross-functional teams to develop broad-based blended and e-learning content through instructional design best practices. You will be responsible for driving consistency in training programs across departments, and for teaching in-person and online training courses as needed. In this role, you will have the opportunity to research and implement innovative training methodologies and technology based training tools.
What You Will Do
- Researches, develops, revises and manages e-learning, instructor led, blended learning and virtual training curriculum.
- Reviews training currently provided across departments to determine gaps in best practice and consistency.
- Recommends and/or develops training program solutions for gaps found in organizational or employee KSA’s.
- Regularly facilitates, builds and manages delivering complex content, and facilitates group processes such as focus groups and brainstorming.
- Reviews project requests, proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provides leadership and technical expertise to lead the design and development of training curriculum.
- Researches and establishes a methodology to measure the effectiveness of course materials and level of benefit provided (ROI, customer satisfaction, etc.).
- Connects trends and best practice to current processes and learning objectives to enhance effective training programs.
- Evaluates current training curriculum; makes recommendations to improve training materials to improve user comprehension and learning transfer to their job (Blended Learning).
- Researches and develops testing and evaluation procedures to be used at the completion of training courses.
- Works closely with LMS subject matter experts to ensure consistent and best practice delivery of courses.
- Educates the organization on the Corporate Training Department’s policies and procedures.
- Identifies and suggests ways to improve/streamline department processes, procedures, interactions, services and financial success.
- Mentors project team members and provides feedback for the performance review and evaluation of personnel.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, training and development, education or related area plus 5 years of adult learning instructional design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of instructional design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with LMS platforms and integrating multimedia into web-based courses and familiarity with tools used to produce web-based materials, such as Presenter, Articulate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Captivate, digital video, digital camera, digital audio, and editing software.
- Travel up to 25% as needed.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office and Adobe Platforms.
- Skilled in coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentations, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Experience working in an environment that requires regular communication using interpersonal skills to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders about service expectations and quality.
- Experience working on multiple unrelated projects, and setting priorities per corporate goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and change management.
- Experience building strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Required to lift and move training materials that can weigh up to 40 lbs.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s degree in instructional design.
- Super User in using Articulate/Storyline, Captivate or similar programs to create on-line training courses.
- Certified to train Achieve Global, DDI, and/or Franklin Covey courses.
- Skilled in using virtual training platforms such as WebEx or Adobe Presenter.
- Experience working in the wine or spirits industry.
- Skilled in creating innovative solutions to difficult or unusual problems and improve methods for performing tasks.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience interpreting a variety of instructions
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Experience applying comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Experience performing work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, pleaseclick here.
Equal Opportunity Employer