The Instructional Designer Trainer will deliver training programs that meet employee learning needs by producing uniform and consistently designed instructor-led, stand-alone and CBT training courses and documentation. Communicate system changes and update documentation accordingly. Serve as a key training resource and consultant for U.S. Operations designing, developing and delivering needed training.
- Deliver training and education programs that improve job skills and prepare employees to leverage RGA system enhancements using proven platform and one-on-one techniques that facilitate participation while employing accepted adult learning methodologies.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts (SME) to determine business-specific aspects of systems and work with SME's to design training programs, including learning objectives, handouts, job aids, user manuals, corporate communications and resource materials that are pertinent to training being delivered.
- Collaborate with Change Management & Business Owners to develop and maintain end-user manuals for system changes/enhancements that support accepted processes and procedures while increasing employee productivity and accuracy.
- Design and conduct pre and post-course assessments as appropriate demonstrating knowledge or skill transfer improvements that meet or exceed stated objectives and enter training results into tracking logs.
- Consult with US Operations Business Owners to identify needed employee training, assess job improvements following delivery of training and education programs and modify programs accordingly based on job improvements and post-course evaluations.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years equivalent related experience in platform training
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Liberal Arts, Humanities, or Psychology
- 5-8 years experience in the insurance, reinsurance or financial services industry 2
- Progress toward FLMI, ALHC or other relevant professional accreditation
- Change management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Outlook skills
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Intermediate Query skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Ability to translate needs/processes into replicable training materials for delivery
- Investigative skill ability
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic goal setting skills
- Change initiation skills
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Value judgment ability
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and seek involvement from others to solve problems
- Ability to train others using proven platform training skills
- Ability to conduct one-on-one training
- Demonstrated adult learning skills