Juniper University’s Engineering Training team is looking for a trainer/course developer to develop and deliver engaging online and classroom training content for our engineering organization.
This position requires creative problem-solving, collaborative inquiry into on-the-job performance challenges, and the ability to address identified performance challenges by developing an array of training, education, and performance support material, including video, eLearning modules, classroom based workshop, and printable job aids.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders conduct training needs assessments to identify and analyze performance gaps and whether an education/training initiative is an appropriate intervention to address the performance gap
- Design, develop, and maintain formal and informal learning and development solutions, including information-based learning, self-paced eLearning, mobile learning, virtual instructor-led learning, printable job aids, etc.
- Develop detailed course development work plans, including key activities, timelines, and resource requirements needed to achieve objectives while following content development processes
- Continue to build knowledge and skills in effective instructional design, instructional technology, and agile development methodologies
- Review and maintain records for training programs, including, but not limited to, course evaluations and learner participation, and analyzes data and trends to recommend program changes.
- Create custom graphics and animations as needed to enhance learning experience.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of eLearning development trends and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in education, humanities, social science, computer science, or a related field
- 5+ years of Instructional Design experience.
- Proficient with Storyline 2
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Adobe Create Cloud, Microsoft Office, HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with other eLearning tools (i.e. Captivate, Camtasia etc), audio editing program (i.e Audacity), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone) a plus
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
- Work samples are required during the interview process.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training delivery methods, such as Bloom’s Taxonomy, ADDIE/SAM development models, Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation, formative and summative evaluation
- Strong project management skills that are demonstrated by timely task completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills including facilitation and ability to ask thoughtful and relevant questions
- Ability to conduct sound research and bring appropriate innovation to the table
- Basicnetworkingexperienceand skills, including one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with networking, i.e., LAN/WAN, wireless
- Familiarity with IP based technologies, i.e., data, voice over IP, video
- Familiarity with installing and maintaining networkrouters/switches, including troubleshooting
- Programming experience in scriptinglanguages (Python, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development tools and processes