The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As a member of the Sales Mastery team, you will be critical to helping our sales teams succeed. You will work as part of your team to deliver world-class product training in a creative and exciting way. You will develop innovative and engaging training programs at scale and customize where appropriate (e.g. for role, location, situation). In addition to this, you'll also partner with content and skills experts to bring a cohesive development experience to our Global Business Organization (GBO) Googlers.
The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google's complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand business needs and translate them into learning and performance objectives, facilitate approvals and gain alignment on content direction, design and details. Lead content collaboration with stakeholders, problem-solving to achieve performance objectives, and resolve issues, risks and quality challenges.
- Identify and incorporate the most effective and innovative practices in learning delivery including social and peer learning, game-based learning, informal learning, and performance support. Apply best practices in adult learning to design, write, and build a range of high-quality learning experiences, with an emphasis on e-learning, video, animations, serious games, and gamification.
- Serve as the central point of contact and provide feedback, support, and direction to external vendors who are building learning assets or products for our team. Seek out new learning solutions and bring innovative ideas to individual projects and the team at large.
- Update and maintain existing content on an ongoing basis. Curate existing content into new learning designs and paths. Upload learning solutions into the learning management system (LMS) and test complete solution in target environments when required.
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design or related field (Technical Writing, Educational Psychology, etc), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience designing, developing and testing e-learning content.
- Experience with e-learning frameworks such as Adaptive Learning, ADDIE, CCAF, or other learning development approaches. Experience in writing scripts/interview guides for video, editing video, and creative design.
- Hands-on experience with multiple authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adapt and Camtasia.
- Hands-on experience developing original learning products in HTML5 or other development languages/environments.
- Experience writing and designing sales training materials, either product or soft skills training, for either in-person or online delivery.
- Experience designing learning programs (or online media) in the digital marketing industry. Experience making e-learning exciting, fun and social. Fluent in current and emerging adult learning theory and how it is put into practice in corporate learning.
- Experience in Project Management, with the ability to multi-task and advance activities across multiple concurrent workstreams.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with confidence across functions and levels. Clear understanding of business needs and sensitivity to differences across various groups.
- Superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and presence. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.