Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for creation and implementation of system-wide training programs, including planning, design, development, and evaluation of effectiveness. This position also works with subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop training implementation strategies and train-the-trainer programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Designs, develops, and revises instructional materials to support employee development and job skills training, including technical training. Uses ADDIE and/or Agile methodologies as needed for the project. Works closely with subject matter experts. Selects appropriate training methodology. Completes program review, approval process, and determines implementation strategy.
- Develops initial and ongoing competency assessment methods and materials.
- Manages resources, including graphic and multi-media assets, native files, and/or audio files. Provides narration and/or manages voice talent, as needed for timely completion of each eLearning project.
- Conducts needs analysis at an organizational level, confers with management, and recommends appropriate learning interventions.
- Develops measurements to evaluate training comprehension. Monitors effectiveness of training materials and learning transfer, as appropriate.
- Manages instructional projects and recommends enhancements and improvements of department processes.
- As directed by management, researches, writes, and develops training and education policies and procedures that comply with regulatory, industry, and BSI standards.
- Serves as consultant for training-related activities performed across the system. Coordinates and interfaces with training vendors and consultants to ensure that BSI training needs are met.
- Ensures training initiatives are communicated to the organization, and serves as first-level field support for training-related questions.
- Conducts periodic center visits as directed by management. Provides guidance and professional development to training personnel.
- Represents BSI through participation in national, regional, and/or local professional organizations.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in development/delivery of adult training required.
- Working knowledge of training development and implementation required.
- Knowledgeable in the theory and practice of adult learning required.
- Current knowledge of blood bank operations and an understanding of federal, state and local regulations affecting activities preferred.
- Group presentation/facilitation skills preferred.
- Five years combined experience in developing and conducting education and training programs required.
- Experience in eLearning authoring software preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work either alone or in a team environment, depending on the need of the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient consulting skills with the ability to effectively assist personnel in executing job tasks.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Strong computer software skills.