Instructional Designer / eLearning Specialist
Paramus NJ 07652
8 AM to 5 PM (Mon – Fri)
$40 per hour
- Under the Direction of the Director, Talent Development & Diversity, this position is responsible for design, development and delivery of training that aligns with the company’s business objectives and strategies.
- Analyzes learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to provide input for course content and works with management to ensure course materials are current and relevant to training needs.
- Creates assessments and knowledge checks within e-learning and classroom based training.
- Position requires effective communication and coordination with Corporate and Divisional HR Business Partners and business unit management and subject matter experts.
- Design, develop and implementation of learning solutions with a primary focus on e-learning. May also include design and updating of instructor-led training.
- Assist in the development of course curriculum utilizing Adobe Captivate and UL/PureSafety content creation systems.
- Create documentation, assessments, exercises and evaluations to accompany training.
- Become familiar and administer training through company based iLearn/Cross Knowledge Platform.
- Utilize Learning Management System (LMS) to create and assign training to employees.
- May facilitate group training in person or via web-based setting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing eLearning courseware, performance support aids, online tutorials and instructor-led training materials using industry standard tools such as Adobe Captivate; knowledge in standard concepts, practices and procedures of instructional design (SCORM and AICC).
- Reliable, problem solver, sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task and a self-starter.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of employees, consultants, vendors and executives in a courteous, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills including MS Office and Adobe Captivate.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational capabilities with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- College degree or equivalent work or training and development experiencerequired.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing e-learning through Adobe Captivate
CPLP Certification a plus