Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Assists Manager of Curriculum, manage and lead the planning, development, design, and implementation of assigned programs; including tracking schedules, issues, and tasks.
- Conducts needs analysis and partners with managers and supervisors to determine project needs, key deliverables and timelines.
- Analyzes work process and business challenges during the needs analysis. Studies system applications used by various departments in their business process and develops appropriate user documentation and training curricula.
- Designs and develops top quality, coherent and concise online training courses, instructor led training materials, lesson plans and user documentation that supports the training strategy to improve overall user and business capabilities.
- Interfaces with project managers, business analysts, developers, subject matter experts, and users during all phases of system analysis, testing, training, and deployment. Manages training projects from needs assessment to evaluation.
- Provides user support as necessary. Provides instructional design strategy and guidance for various project sizes and teams, as well as essential guidance to peers via document and material reviews and feedback.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Instructional Designer/Developer will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent; six years overall experience and two plus years instructional design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff. Competencies include excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Experience as a team lead for projects or programs. Strengths include leading by example, decisiveness, motivating others, and being highly adaptable to change.
- Advanced to expert knowledge and skills with online and mobile learning delivery design techniques and strategies.