Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking an Instructional Designer/Training Specialist supporting PayPal's Global Professional Services organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide instructional design and delivery for standard and advanced applications, project-specific training support and enterprise applications.
- Write customized courseware and job aids to meet the business needs of targeted audiences.
- Develop scripts and storyboards and participate in development process from start to finish for eLearning programs.
- Participate in the pilot test and evaluation of new or advanced hardware and/or software to identify, develop and deliver skills transfer to facilitate rapid assimilation and effective utilization of new technology to meet business needs.
- Work with a global team and support different professional services.
- Design and build training for developers, integration engineers, and merchant support engineers.
- Develop communications program around training initiatives to generate employee awareness and engagement.
- 7-10+ years of experience in an Instructional Designer role or similar.
- Undergrad or advanced degree in communications, education, instructional design or related field (or technical field).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to organize work independently and drive execution.
- Ability to create roadmaps, timelines and major milestones to outline execution plans.
- Ability to understand the language of developers and translate that understanding into a coherent eLearning experience for other developers, integration engineers, and merchant support engineers.
- Proven stakeholder management skills – including managing multiple partners simultaneously.
- Organize material and complete technical content assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology. All content creation to align with the core strategy of PayPal Professional Services for external-facing consumption.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers, support and integration staff.
- Confer with technical and integration engineers and other merchant-facing representatives to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Provide mock ups, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- Study specifications, mockups and product material to integrate and delineate best technology to provide content.
- Interview technical and integration engineers, read other produced content and other material to become familiar with product technologies.
- Observe day-to-day team activity to determine operating procedures and detail.
- Arrange for distribution of material via multiple delivery methods and content hosting sites.
- Instructional Design software (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Storyline, GoAnimate and Audacity)
- Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Image Capture Software (e.g., SnagIt).
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Stock photography use and manipulation.
- Experience with Skype for Business, Confluence, Sharepoint is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Instructional Design and/or Technical writing experiencedesired in one of the following areas: user manuals, documentation of systems or programs, training manuals, operational run books, installation guides, methods and procedures manuals, and articles regarding technical subject matter, e.g., products, systems, and facilities for technical newsletters or magazines.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.