Bloomin' Brands is one of the world’s largest casual dining companies with a strong presence in the national and international markets. You may also know us as one of the 2021 Best Employers for Diversity as well as one of the nation's top Large Employers, as recognized in Forbes Magazine.
Our family of restaurants includes Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Aussie Grill. These unique, founder-inspired restaurant concepts deliver exceptional quality and authentic welcoming hospitality reflected in all areas of the business.
Our ideal Instructional Designer will lead innovative training solutions supporting field operations and organizational objectives. The Instructional Designer will identify desired business outcomes, design, develop, and implement training programs, and select methodologies to facilitate and organize content and flow of information. Training content will include technical job skills, leadership curriculum, restaurant processes, and various operations-focused initiatives. Our Instructional Designer will lead various project initiatives from ideation to field implementation, analyzing and applying trends in learning technologies and instructional design as a standard practice. They will develop learning objectives, structure learning activities, and create multimedia and visual aids for online and face-to-face interactions.
- Must be change-tolerant, able to work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Independently identify training needs and deploy training that helps audience learn more efficiently and retain their newly acquired knowledge over time.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners and content experts and participate in job shadowing to identify project and/or training needs.
- Use learning and instructional design theory to complete needs assessment and design and develop learning solutions.
- Validate learning program effectiveness by collecting and analyzing measures through field visits, roundtables, focus groups, and surveys.
- Plan quality assurance procedures and conduct quality analysis on projects.
- Manage project timeline, milestones, budget, and ensure leadership alignment.
- Enhance brand competitiveness through leading-edge, innovative training approach.
- Support brand operational and financial objectives with test and ROI-friendly training solutions.
- Live brand Principles and Beliefs and incorporate brand culture in all materials.
- Uphold BBI’s goal of Justice, Equality, and Hospitality by incorporating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into training programs.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design theories, models, and strategies.
- At least 5 years of training and instructional content design and development experience creating instructor-led training, eLearning modules, and other related job aids and tools.
- Knowledge of & experience developing digital content and using authoring tools required, such as Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Articulate suite, Microsoft 365 suite.
- Knowledge of & experience authoring in a Learning Management System, especially Absorb LMS.
- Must be collaborative and be able to work independently.
- Should have strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills and exceptional project management skills.
- Skilled in Subject Matter Expert engagement.
- Experience using project management tools such as Monday.com.
- Multimedia and front-end framework web-development skills preferred.
- Visual communication skills preferred.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Learning Design, or related field.