The selected candidate will join a high performing agile team that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools are utilized alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities in support of an on-going operational system.
The selected candidate will work with an experienced training team to develop and deliver certifiable training for adult learners. He/she will:
- Collaborate with other ISDs/Training Developers to design and develop classroom and computer-based training/web-based training (CBT/WBT) learning solutions to prepare students to carry out their mission working with a software system.
- Conduct competency-based platform training that incorporates multiple instructional technologies, and maintain operational workstations in the classroom.
- Consult with subject-matter experts to determine instructional requirements, analyze software systems, adapt engineering references, and implement training solutions.
- Collaborate with technical writers and web managers to prepare and deliver a variety of training products.
- Develop and maintain WCI products.
- Plan, design, and deliver learning strategies based on a blended-learning strategy.
- Instruct adult learners and manage up to 50 classroom workstations.
- Evaluate instructional programs, course content, and instructional methodologies.
- Analyze learning objectives against program requirements, and coordinate data gathering and processing for various levels of evaluation and assessment.
- Develop job aides for users, subject matter experts, and instructors who may be new to the targeted technology.
- Maintain CBT modules and human-machine interfaces.
- Develop and maintain WCI content and Lesson Plans.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum Design or a related field and at least 5 years of experience in a training-related field. Four years of additional relevant work experience may be substituted for a Degree (9 years total).
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with CBT/WBT and web development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical staff.
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Five+ years of experience in platform delivery and CBT/WBT design and development.
- Experience managing training projects and teaching hands-on technology courses.
- Experience developing technical publications such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, and other documents for end users.
- COMSEC experience.
- System administration experience.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks.
- Familiarity with Army Training development processes.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 along with Server Core administration experience.
- Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC and complex ACLs on multiple hardware architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines.