Section 1: Position Summary
The role of the Training Specialist is responsible for partnering with the L&D team and subject matter experts throughout the organization to create engaging training and performance support materials that target learning objectives for onboarding new associates and providing existing associates with functional, technical, professional development and leadership training.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with internal clients, L&D team members, and subject matter experts to identify target audience's training needs.
- Develop engaging instructional content for a variety of audiences by using new strategies and technologies to enhance instruction (e.g., eLearning, micro-learning, video-based learning, games, simulations, and blended approaches) along with traditional delivery methods, such as instructor led.
- Maintain, revise, and/or re-design existing learning solutions utilizing the most efficient and effective way to meet the learning objective.
- Develop, document, and communicate project plans for assigned projects
- Keep current on learning and development trends to ensure the organization is taking advantage of the latest techniques and technologies.
- Partner with L&D team members to measure outcomes and evaluate program effectiveness. This may include developing learning assessments, quizzes, proficiency tests, knowledge checks for use before or during training delivery and other tools for evaluating learning effectiveness.
- Facilitate programs when the broader team is short on resources.
- Provide consulting and/or mentoring support in instructional design for L&D team members.
- Perform LMS administrative tasks that pertain to courseware.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in instructional design in a corporate environment, designing for a variety of delivery methods and utilizing a variety of tools.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in eLearning/digital learning.
- Experience with Camtasia and Lectora or similar instructional technologies and experience managing and deploying digital content in an LMS.
- Experience with the ADDIE model of instructional design or other established models of instructional design.
- Experience in financial services and/or an operations environment preferred.
- Strong project management experience, managing large projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong team player with ability to work collaboratively yet able to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.