Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financialsecurity – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
Hands-on manager responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and maintenance of Learning programs that enhance the skills, knowledge, abilities and effectiveness of employees.
- Collaborates with key Division stakeholders to design solutions that directly support strategic business priorities and needs across the Organization
- Partners with key Human Resources contacts to create and help execute individual development plans for executives, field leaders and key talent across the Organization
- Designs, facilitates and deploys learning programs, performance support tools, job aides, etc.
- Successfully markets and communicates learning and development offerings across Division to maximize participation and adoption
- Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with executives and leaders to determine training needs
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year requirements to prepare and manage budgets
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures and/or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training to maximize understanding and adoption
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials
- Implements a means of measuring the effectiveness and return on investment of programs
- Appropriately manages vendor relationships to deliver custom solutions aligned to learning needs on-time and under-budget
- Effectively sets expectations and provides resources, tools and training for direct reports to maximize employee engagement, performance and retention
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years related experience-OR-
- High School diploma/GED plus 14+ years related experience.
- 2+ years experience leading a team of professionals
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LMS, SharePoint and Outlook
- SHRM, project management and/or process improvement certifications a plus
- Effectively applies instructional design and adult learning theory
- Partners with vendors to develop and deliver custom learning solutions
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills
- Prior success developing and delivering (including facilitating) training solutions across all levels and functions within the organization
- Demonstrates excellence in influencing, teamwork, project management, negotiation and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ; Effectively communicates at all levels
- Works well with others; Builds and maintains productive internal and external relationships
- Detail oriented
- Works in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Successfully manages competing priorities
- Able to be flexible when required
- Independently manages multiple tasks and responsibilities for self and resources