The Instructional Design Project Manager will be responsible for analyzing the Client’s Learning needs and expectations for Independent Business-employed Client Support Professionals (CSPs) who will be servicing Client businesses.
Additionally, the Instructional Design Project Manager will provide thought leadership and direction to Instructional Design Independent Businesses and contractors who are engaged to design and develop Learning solutions for Client companies.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to Instructional Design Independent Businesses and contractors who are engaged to develop virtual instructor-led activities, blended eLearning solutions, simulations, animations, and other learning solutions to meet Client needs.
- Collaborate with Clients to analyze specific business needs, corporate culture, infrastructure, and performance gaps before designing and developing an advanced, custom, performance-improving training solution.
- Project manage Instructional Design Independent Businesses and contractors to execute end-to-end course development processes which includes designing and delivering solutions, executing project scope, validating business and technical requirements and parameters, and actively participating in the quality assurance role.
- Accomplish project objectives as defined by Client agreements and manage client expectations.
- Examine and recommend changes to a Client’s approach to reflect the best practices used in our virtual delivery model.
- Develop project plans, schedules, and objectives; establish and achieve financial objectives by preparing a project budget; schedule and approve expenditures; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Keep skills current in the Instructional Design space by tracking industry advances, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and representing Arise in the industry.
- Implement solutions by monitoring project progress, tracking action items, conducting design and implementation reviews, and examining, researching, and resolving issues and escalate issues with recommendations to appropriate levels.
- Build relationship with Clients while managing expectations, communicating project status, and resolving open issues. Respond to Client concerns, prepare reports, conduct reviews, and lead Client meetings.
- Complete post-production work (e.g. make recommendations to improve results, identify work process improvements, develop and coordinate project controls and associated performance metrics to measure success).
- Coordinate Instructional Design Independent Businesses and contractor resources to ensure the appropriate amount of time is spent on projects and help prioritize workload when the project conflicts with other job duties or projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not manage internal, Arise Teammates.
- Minimal travel is required.
- Arise company success metrics
- Interim and project completion deadlines met
- Delivery of high quality Instructional content for all projects
- Instructional design recommendations identified and proposed to Client
- Support and drive key initiatives to increase certification rates, performance, and results of Independent Business-employed Client Support Professionals (CSPs)
- Build and maintain a pool of high quality Instructional Design Independent Businesses and contractors.
- Because of the virtual, work-from-home nature of this opportunity, prior experience in working from the home environment is a plus.
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and expert problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated confidence in internal and Client-facing meetings and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the areas of Instructional Systems Design (ISD), Training, Performance Improvement, or Client-facing consulting is necessary. Considered a plus would be any combination of a Master’s degree in ISD, Training, Adult Learning & Development, Organizational Development, or Performance Improvement and certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar professional organization.
- A strong background in ISD that includes 4+ years of experience focused on course design and development covering multiple skills and systems with high and/or low-stakes assessments.
- Proven ability to complete a robust Analysis as part of the overall ISD process.
- Training measurement and evaluation skills considered a plus.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Strong analytical, teamwork, problem solving, negotiation and time management skills are necessary.
- Experience with a Blended Learning Environments to include:
- Synchronous virtual
- Asynchronous virtual
- Combination of Synchronous and Asynchronous virtual
- Experience with one or more LMS systems that utilized online collaboration tools.
- High-level Instructional Design Consulting skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, web authoring tools, and virtual classroom delivery platforms such as Adobe and/or Blackboard.