Summary of Position:
The Institutional Sales Specialist will be responsible for consistently meeting and exceeding territory sales and performance objectives. The objectives include financial and performance measures that are met through a solutions-oriented and collaboarative sales approach. Target customers include Hospital Accounts, Hospital Systems, Outpatient Treatment Centers and their affiliated practicioners.
This role is embedded into the Paratek Pharmaceuticals' (Paratek) sales team, receiving day to day direction from a Paratek Regional Business Manager. The role will initially be an employee of Touchpoint Health Solutions.
- Emulates Paratek's Core Values: Resourceful, Collaborative, Passionate, Purposeful
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience with a minimum of 3 years of sales experience within the hospital/acute care setting, required
- Institutional selling experience within territory assigned, required
- Documented and measurable track record of sales performance, required
- Experience calling on Infectious Disease, Hospitalists, Critical Care and/or Emergency Medicine strongly preferred
- Proven ability to understand, articulate and routinely present complex scientific information, required
- Prior experience promoting newly launched product(s), strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of product flow through Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distribution, and Buy & Bill channels, strongly preferred
- Possess strong presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills, required
- Meet all requirements for pre-employment screening (background investigation, drug testing and motor vehicle history) along with ongoing customer credentialing
- Safe driving record and valid driver's license, required
- Experience in utilizing and optimizing CRM systems in support of territory dynamics (preferably Veeva), required
- Travel varies depending upon territory size, up to 20%
- Achieve all territory sales objectives by securing product access and generating high demand within targeted accounts
- Develop, execute and monitor account plans; strategically and consistently targeting key stakeholders within each account
- Deliver comprehensive, accurate and persuasive sales presentations utilizing approved marketing and sales materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of promoted product(s), competitive brands and disease state
- Achieve success in a complex selling environment in which the need for collaboration and cross-functional discipline is critical. Cross-functional partners may consist of Market Access, Inside Sales, Marketing and Operations colleagues
- Utilize CRM technology in an accurate and timely manner to report activities and account level details
- Distribute samples and record sample transactions in accordance with Company Policy and PDMA guidelines
- Actively participate in supplemental training and development programs as required
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and industry policies and regulations
- Manage appropriate utilization and distribution of resources including territory budgets, Speaker Progams allocations, samples, etc.
- Complete all administrative duties as required and on time. This includes but is not limited to accurate call reporting, expense report management, etc.