The CAS Relationship Manager will work with existing client relationships with the goal of increasing growth of new accounts, contributions and the population of advisors who provide their clients with charitable giving support through the Giving Account.
The Director, Relationship Management (RM) will have primary accountability for the development and execution of strategic plans for institutional relationships with a large and diverse group of investment advisory firms Core Advisor Solutions (CAS) Clients. This individual will implement these client strategies in order to effectively and efficiently build a network of productive, engaged relationships with key Centers of Influence (COIs) within the firms, Fidelity Institutional, and Fidelity Charitable. The position reports to the VP of Strategic Accounts.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7+ years direct client and/or financial services experience including experience in RIA Sales or Relationship Management.
- 2-3+ years Fidelity experience preferred.
- Experience developing business strategy and execution plans for growing client relationships
- Demonstrated capability to build productive and collaborative relationships with internal business partner
- Proven ability to be successful with clients and prospects in both virtual and face-to-face interactions
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex Advisors
- Strong communicator with outgoing approach to proactively create many client interactions
- Strong multi-tasking, project management and organizational skills with ability manage and follow up on 30-60-90 day plan
The CAS Relationship Management is a critical member of the Strategic Accounts team. The efforts of the CAS Relationship Manager will enable Fidelity Charitable to increase the number of producing advisors, accounts, contributions, and Charitable balances for these clients.
Client segment planning and leadership
- Assumes responsibility for a large and diverse group of 1,000+ Core Advisor Solutions Clients (CAS).
- Develop and implement business plans/goals for the group of CAS clients.
- Define strategies and tactics to increase awareness and engagement among CAS clients.
- Segment clients to identify highest potential opportunities utilizing both a top-down and bottom-up planning process.
- Prioritize clients accurately and develop client engagement strategies accordingly.
- Engage directly with prioritized firms and advisors to educate them on charitable giving and drive business growth.
- Effectively execute client engagement plans to improve overall health of client relationships.
- Initiate strategic business discussions with clients. Provide proactive consultation to engage clients’ senior management, uncovering opportunities to grow the Fidelity Charitable relationship.
- Prioritize strategic practice management solutions designed to help clients successfully manage and build their Charitable business. Create both scalable and customized solutions for clients based on scope of opportunity and priority.
- Maintain and build multi-level relationships with key decision makers and advisors. Appropriately prioritize frequency and degree of client interaction according to growth potential.
- Understand and articulate value of Charitable Giving to clients.
Client Outreach, Fundraising, and Opportunity Management
- Reach out to prioritized firms and advisors to educate on charitable giving and encourage incorporation of charitable giving into financial planning
- Create pipeline of opportunities and manage through account opening and funding.
- Maintain a high level of proactive outreach activity to target firms and advisors.
- Increase total number of referring firms and advisors, new accounts, and total contribution results.
- Meet or exceed stated firm and advisor goals.
- Build productive relationships with Fidelity Institutional Relationship Management team working with CAS clients.
- Collaborate with FC marketing to build engagement plan for each segment of CAS clients.
- Develop strong partnership with FC business partners – Program and Investments, Service Delivery, Finance, Risk and Compliance, and Technology.
- Stay informed of changes in the client’s business, competition, industry, and marketplace, through proactive solicitation and/or research, in order to inform and drive client satisfaction activities within book of business.
- Monitor charitable giving trends and identify opportunities to communicate these to client firms.
- Drive advisors and firms to FC online tool adoption.
- Monitor operational issues and collaborate with Service Delivery partners on resolution.
- Measure and assess activities and results against agreed upon goals.
- Revise plans as needed based on learnings and identified opportunities / challenges.