The Sr. Manager of Institutional Planning & Intake is responsible for the end-to-end strategic planning process, on-going project intake, leadership of periodic planning activities for Sr. leaders, alignment with partners across the firm and driving the creation of the overall strategic plan.
- Development, implementation and communication of the Institutional strategic planning process
- Responsibility for landing annual strategic initiatives
- Development & maintenance of a living strategy document
- Developing cross-connection opportunities across the enterprise
- Work with Institutional Directors/MDs to define annual scorecard goals and report periodic progress to President of Institutional
- Act as a subject matter expert on Institutional’s strategic focus
- Actively engage with Institutional leaders to shepherd ideas through the intake, business case and approval process
- Interface with Office of the CIO to align with enterprise Innovation activities
- Facilitate targeted innovation and ideation efforts across Intuitional teams
- Administer Beacon (Bright Ideas) platform including defining engagement approach with Associates, developing guidelines, establishing workflows for intake, etc.
- Standardize business case production for SOC review
- Regular communication with Institutional leaders on the intake pipeline status
- Drive agenda, engaging content, logistics and communications for annual Institutional President, MD and Director strategy meeting
- Drive agenda, engaging content, logistics and communications for quarterly Institutional strategy update sessions
- Support Director of Planning & Executive Insights with development and execution of Institutional President senior team strategy sessions
- Partner with Internal Communications to drive awareness of strategic priorities among associates
- Develop strong relationships to create a matrixed approach to planning activities
- Implement and chair a ‘Planning Council’ with Institutional PMO, Marketing, Finance, T2 & Operations in order to drive alignment of planning process and resulting strategy
- 4 Year College Degree or equivalent experiencerequired
- 4 Year College Degree preferred
- 7+ Years of Experience
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex information into simple, easy to understand messages via verbal, written and PowerPoint communications
- Proven ability interfacing with executives including a tailored communication style, the aptitude to work with limited instructions and ability to anticipate needs
- Experience in developing strong partnerships and negotiating between multiple stakeholders. The ability to interface with a diverse set of personalities, levels and departments is a must.
- The ability to stay rooted in the big picture while managing the details.
- A strategic mindset with an underlying attitude of humility that understands the role & their seat at the table
- Project or program management experience highly desired
- Experience with Bright Ideas Innovation Platform is a plus
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.