The KAM (Key Account Manager) will be responsible for sales and account management activities including securing access and generating demand for the Immunoglobulin portfolio primarily with account access decision makers and HCPs treating patients with Primary Immune Deficiency (Allergy/Immunology, Hem/Onc, Pulmonary), increasing awareness and diagnosis of PI, new account development and/or expanding existing accounts in the hospital, integrated delivery networks and non-reporting SPPs. Analyze and interpret data for effective targeting and pull thru strategies, identify and develop KOLs, collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and sales teams, and this requires the ability to manage in a sophisticated business model influencing a diverse set of stakeholders in multiple sites of care. Shares job expertise and provides guidance to other sales reps. Account Management competencies include but are not limited to:
Portfolio Selling- KAM is responsible to multiple products and potentially across business units within Shire. Primary Focus is on Immunology- Gammagard, Albumin, Cuvitru, and HYQVIA. Business Acumen- Strong negotiating and contracting capabilities and deep understanding of implications of the changing health care landscape to the needs of accounts Value-based Selling- Delivering a value proposition beyond product and price, including FDAMA 114 messaging Matrix Management- Coordination of multiple stakeholders including Sales, Clinical Educators, Reimbursement Managers and Managed Markets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Previous hospital sales experience and proven track record of sales successes within the Philadelphia institutions.
- Strong preference for professionals with either previous Account Management experience or Immunology Sales experience
- Strong preference for professionals with prior Sales and Contracting experience
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills. Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies. Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel. Must have good organization and time management skills. Ability to understand and adapt to customers’ changing needs. Demonstrates business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes.
- New product launch success
- Working knowledge of accounts in a territory and relationships with HCP
- Results Driven – a track record of results and compliance throughout the career.
- Works well in a team and an independent learner.
- Demonstrated an ability to handle change successfully.
- Demonstrated EQ.
- Mastery of the selling process.
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare sales experience in managing and being accountable for own territory. Ideal candidate possesses experience in specialty sales (injectibles or infusions) or account management including working with payor and/or reimbursement situations, and managing a large geography with diverse customer types.
Req ID: R0020315