Highland Capital Management, L.P. is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment manager. Founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada, Highland operates across a variety of asset classes and structures within the alternative landscape including hedge funds, separate accounts, distressed and special situations private equity, collateralized loanobligations (CLOs), mutual funds, and ETFs. The firm’s diversified client base includes public pension plans, foundations, endowments, corporations, financial institutions, fund of funds, governments, and high net-worth individuals. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in New York, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, and Seoul.
Highland Capital is looking for a marketer to further develop the institutional investor markets and appropriate access routes. This individual will work as part of the Business Development team, which is responsible for developing and executing the firm’s global growth initiatives related to new products, fund formation, strategic growth and asset gathering. This position can be based in Dallas, TX or New York, NY.
- Identify and develop new relationships with institutional clients
- Grow and develop a region or channel of prospective investors; must have an active set of relationships
- Conduct appropriate market research on target prospects, set up meetings and clearly communicate the firm’s strategies and differentiating factors
- Initiate client relationships and manage entire process including long term relationship
- Work with Investor Relations and other team members to facilitate on-site due diligence meetings
- Participate in the development of marketing and investor materials for both potential and existing investors
- Work with managing partners of the firm to enhance the growth, profitability and value of the firm
- 5+ years of institutional fundraising experience, with a documented track record of asset raising in a performance-based compensation structure
- Demonstrable personal relationships with institutional investors, with deep expertise in any client sub-group(s) including pensions, endowments, foundations, banks, insurance companies and consultants
- Experience with fixed income is a plus
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function well as part of a team
- BA/BS or related business degree from a well-regarded institution, MBA a plus
- Strong sense of pride, passion, ownership and personal accountability