NAM USA is seeking a marketing and sales professional in its Institutional Business Development
Department (IBD). This person will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of institutional marketing functions,
in a collaborative team environment in the development of NAM USAs asset management business in North America. NAM USA is located in New York and works closely with its two NY-based investment management boutiques including Nomura Corporate Research and Asset Management (NCRAM), which manages $24 billion high yield assets, and Nomura Global Alpha (NGA), a discretionary global macro boutique.
- Report to the Head of Institutional Business Development, the Americas, who will assign business development responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan around the products and investor base that you will be covering.
- Work closely with portfolio managers and product specialists in order to communicate successfully with clients, market appropriate products and solutions, ensure accuracy and effectiveness of product profiles
- Have frequent communication with outside clients in order to identify new areas for business development
- Develop and maintain relationships with consulting firms and complete ad-hoc requests from institutional
- Manage the sales cycle and be accountable for identifying, qualifying, attracting, and closing investment business with institutional investors in North America.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and pass share those opportunities with other members of the sales team who specialize in the product that is the subject of the opportunity
- Organize client road shows; including scheduling meetings and the preparation / coordination of marketing materials for distribution
- Be responsible for coordinating and completing RFPs from prospective investors. In this role you will coordinate with portfolio managers, product specialists, operations, legal and other individuals to assist you in the completion of the RFP
- Actively maintain and add new information to the firms CRM and track prospective investor communication and follow-up
The individual should have experience in a senior business development capacity at an established asset management company and be able to demonstrate:
- A successful track record in raising capital for credit and fixed-income related strategies
- Experience marketing to institutions such as pension funds, consultants, endowments/foundations
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally at all levels with internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communication
- Strong desire to succeed, contribute, be a team player, be self-motivated, innovative and solution minded
Series 7 and Series 63 licenses, or completion within first 3 months of employment
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer