Position Summary: As a valued member of our North American Sales management team, the Institutional Account Executive will be responsible for gaining clinical and administrative support for ZOLL's LifeVest in targeted accounts. This individual will be responsible for top-down selling within complex hospital systems and Integrated Delivery Networks. The IAE will drive the coordination of efforts within the targeted institutions, and will work closely with the Territory Managers and Regional Managers to drive adoption through the accounts. This individual will report directly to the Area Director responsible for the management of the geography, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the team lead for IAEs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells the clinical value in protecting patients at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Drives clinical support for LifeVest within key accounts, to include Interventional Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, General Cardiologists, Hospitalists, and mid-levels
- Penetrates the top layers of the larger, complex accounts in an effort to gain support from the top down
- Gains support of clinical KOLs within the accounts, hospital system IT groups, and C Suite management
- Works as a team with the Territory Managers, Regional Managers and Area Directors to drive demand within targeted accounts, and to leverage that demand to influence institutional support for LifeVest
- Identifies key decision makers and influencers in the creation of standard order sets and discharge protocols
- Promotes economic benefits associated with the LifeVest, including lease agreements and the possibility of more timely discharge for patients; executes lease agreements in key target hospitals
- Leverages clinical support and workflow benefits to influence hospital IT groups to accommodate and enable electronic ordering via EMR/EHR
- Works with and influences Fellows Programs (when applicable) in key teaching institutions with clinically-based value-added education
- Creates the opportunity for cross over selling across market segments (Hospital / TMS / Life Vest and EMS / ZDS), to create incremental revenue and to strategically advance ZOLL's position in the market
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibility
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have at least 10 years of successful selling experience into the US healthcare markets
- Extensive experience in selling into complex hospital systems, Integrated Delivery Networks, and Veterans Affairs hospitals
- Demonstrated success selling systems, concepts and solutions at the administrative levels of a healthcare organization
- Experience in communicating value benefits associated with hospital decision making
- Advanced computer skills
- Organization and Time Management skills
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as contracts, policies, procedure manuals, and operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.