This position is in support of HP Print Services and Solutions (PSS), a startup organization inside of HP, with a focus on Instant Ink subscription model and Auto-Replenishment Service (ARS). The PSS team leads the Internet-of-Things strategy for the consumer print business and is one of the top strategic priorities for the HP Print Business. HP Instant Ink, ARS (Auto-replenishment system) and digital assets are designed to ease and automate HP customer journey when purchasing Printing Supplies. You will join a lean and diverse team, responsible for testing, launching, and optimizing solutions for our print customers.
PSS Instant Ink Senior BI Analyst – Customer Analytics
In this role, you will be responsible for providing ongoing analytical support and insights to the Instant Ink team. The analyst will have deep customer understanding and empathy that they will leverage to make recommendations for demand generation, customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Develop Business insights using data:
- Performs advanced Ad Hoc customer analyses and data queries
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources, develops assumptions where needed, to drive data-driven business insights.
- Designs survey questionnaires relevant to understand business opportunities and learn more about our customers;
- Validate the accuracy/validity of data from various sources.
- Be an evangelist of data-informed decision making and consistently identify new ways to leverage data and analysis
- Story teller based on actual data, the ideal candidate is able to clearly, succinctly and persuasively explain the findings to many audiences.
- Instill confidence in recommendations, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions, presents to Management team and motivates stakeholders to take action.
- Customer acquisition &retention
- Identify optimization opportunities to drive Instant Ink customer acquisition and retention
- Help Solutions team identify optimization opportunities (CRM/promo/POS strategy etc.) to maximize Instant Ink Revenue.
- Support strategic pilots execution by framing key business questions, defining metrics, success thresholds and reporting performance and learnings on a high cadence.
- Analyze raw data from customer surveys, extract actionable insights, develop resulting action plans to go after opportunities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any of the following: Mathematics, Data Science, MBA, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Economics or Science
- 6+ years of data analysis work experience, preferably in Direct Marketing or Retail environment
- Significant experience in analyzing customer data using current state of practice quantitative techniques including (machine learning, text analytics...)
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms is a plus
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to succeed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Distinctive strategic and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated capacity to identify and communicate business insights from complex, data-driven business analysis
- Demonstrated deep customer understanding and empathy in previous roles
- Seasoned professional with advanced modeling techniques such as logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, factor analysis, cluster analysis, survival analysis, etc
- Proven experience with A/B testing methodology
- Experience using R, Python, SAS, or SPSS for data analysis
- SQL proficiency is a must.
- Familiarity with Qlikview, PowerBI, Google Analytics and SiteCatalyst
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, fluent in English
Job ID 3035450