At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Responsible for driving renewal excellence through managing the existing renewal processes and leading a team of business developers and program leaders to maximize the order potential for the North American Installed Base Sales Team. Drive successful business growth by insuring that the renewal process and related sales effort includes appropriate new business growth offerings with each renewals. Develop new business or new ways to grow revenue of existing business.
Leads multiple teams including Business Development, Programs and Competitive defend and attack teams. Guides BDC and Program teams through strategic planning, for renewal planning for both in Quarter and Future Quarter results. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas, and provides the business value selling expertise for specific solutions. Devises and executes a growth plan that meets business goals for a given geographic and/or service business area; including accountability for achieving order targets. Builds high-quality funnels that generate customer demand in partnership with marketing & sales.
- Manage Business Development, Program and Competitive teams with broad scope or impact, including setting organizational direction/work prioritization, people development, cost management, and alignment with business goals.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports, sales management and sales reps. May coach and mentor non-direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for the company employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Creates strategic business plan for organization within guidelines of documented Business Unit/Corporate objectives; ensure proposed projects receive appropriate support.
- Establish individual as well as team goals and objectives focused on Revenue Growth. Monitor & report on key metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Advise management and peers on broad organizational, technical, and strategic matters of importance.
- Create linkages with other organizations including but not limited to Marketing; Sales; Pursuit teams; Service Delivery teams etc.
- Develops excellent client relationships and interest over the span of lengthy large deal cycles and continually builds & reinforces client's perception of the company as a credible partner through active persuasion and education.
- Develops and champions the business justification for the company services to ensure a successful engagement based on critical case review.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 10-12+ years in the Services Industry and 3+ years in developing new business opportunities with clients, preferably with the CxO level. +5 years of direct sales management including managing managers and managing sales reps.
- Established management background of high level individual contributors & people managers (leading teams).
- Advanced University degree preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent market knowledge. Need broad knowledge competitive market dynamics, business models, business strategies and processes.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate organization and policies, and cross functional roles and objectives.
- Strong skills in management of people and business relationships, knowledge in organizational design and planning, problem solving, managing individual and team productivity and dynamics, and excellent communication, and negotiation and influencing skills in cross-functional teams.
- Must have a solid understanding of business management principles, financial expertise and strategic planning methods.
- Recognized as authority in their area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and drive change across functions. Very strong leadership, people and business management skills.
- More frequent collaborative influence cross-functionally and on executive level.
- Strong Sales & pursuit expertise around the qualification and development of new large/complex opportunities, business case development, & consultative selling.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!