Kastle is the nation’s leading provider of ManagedSecurity Services. Our customers depend on us every day and include the who’s who of commercial real estate, distinguished global retail brands, leading commercial enterprises and critical government facilities. We are committed to providing a ‘Wow’ customer experience and we continually invest in the next big ideas to shape and transform our industry. We are proud to say that our people are the industry’s best and we work hard to create a culture that provides a compelling career for talented individuals.
The Installation/Service Technician will install, test, troubleshoot and repair all aspects of our security systems including access control, Intercom, phone, and IP video systems at customer sites. To that end, the Service Technician interacts directly with the client, client representatives, othercontractors and Kastle personnel to ensure a successful service and repair solutions. The Service Technician will ensure that service orders are completed accurately and on time, and that these services meet or exceed client expectations.
- Install, service and repair Kastle access control, security components and IP Video Systems.
- Interface with customers to insure their complete confidence in the Kastle System.
- Verify completed work is documented accurately and consult with manager to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain company‑owned vehicles, tools, equipment and individual tool issue.
- Maintain and protect building keys to customer buildings.
- Five years of experience in the alarm, access control, IP Video and Networking.
- Work history must display stability and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of building codes pertaining to construction, fire and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Networking, Computers, Alarm systems, Access Controls and CCTV.
- Aptitude in basic programming.
- Able to be on a 24 hour on-call rotation for on-site service.
- Thorough knowledge installation techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic testing equipment, hand and power tools.
- Proficient with MSWindows 7, MS Word & MS Excel.
- Must successfully complete Kastle’s Training curriculum.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use metering devices.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and carry tools and equipment not to exceed seventy‑five pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Ability to write and maintain accurate and concise daily records.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers and co‑workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be available to work overtime, weeknights, and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass the company’s pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill the travel requirements of this position.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet state licensing requirements for security.
- Must be able to meet client background and suitability screening when required to access client’s data and/or site.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at least 18years old.
Physical & Mental Requirements
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.