The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to protect investors and the public interest by promoting informative, accurate, and independent auditreports and to oversee the audits of public companies and broker-dealers.
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for an Inspections Specialist in the Division of Registration and Inspections in our Atlanta, GA office. The Division of Registration and Inspections inspects registered public accounting firms in connection with the firm’s performance of audits, issuance of auditreports, and related matters involving U.S. companies, other issuers, brokers, and dealers. Audit professionals who join the PCAOB will directly contribute to the PCAOB's mission of protecting investors.
As an Inspections Specialist you will have the opportunity to use your skills and experience in auditing to participate in a rigorous program of inspections of registered public accounting firms including:
- Inspecting portions of audit workpapers to assess the degree of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the rules of the Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and professional standards in connection with the performance of audits, issuance of reports, and related matters involving issuers;
- Assessing the firms' quality control structures and the related impact these structures have on audit quality;
- Meeting and interviewing firm personnel to (1) understand the firms' quality control structures, (2) understand the audit approach to audit engagements, and (3) further develop and/or identify quality control and/or audit deficiencies;
- Gathering and organizing information to support identified inspection issues;
- Researching and consulting with others on technical issues;
- Communicating findings to firm personnel in meetings and in comment forms; and
- Preparing comment forms and assisting with drafting inspectionreports.
As an Inspections Specialist, you will also be able to:
- Enhance your technical skills through inspection activities and collaboration with highly skilled Inspection teams;
- Participate in inspection projects aimed at enhancing the effectiveness of the Inspection program;
- Participate in the development and/or facilitation of training courses; and
- Participate in the PCAOB's recruiting process.
- Current CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license required;
- Six to eight years of progressively responsibleexperience having attained the Manager level in the audit of companies traded on the U.S. markets;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; MBA/Master's degree is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB standards, generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financialreporting standards;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to travel20-30% of time (including some non-U.S. travel); and
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.