Inspections Specialist, ISADescription
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to protect investors and the public interest by promoting informative, accurate, and independent auditreports and to oversee the audits of public companies and broker-dealers.
The PCAOB has full-time, regular positions for an IS AuditInspections Specialist in the Division of Registration and Inspections in our Washington, DC office. The Division of Registration and Inspections inspects registered public accounting firms in connection with the firm’s performance of audits, issuance of auditreports, and related matters involving U.S. companies, other issuers, brokers, and dealers. Audit professionals who join the PCAOB will directly contribute to the PCAOB’s mission of protecting investors.
As an IS AuditInspections Specialist you will have the opportunity to use your skills and experience in auditing IT general controls and application and process controls to participate in a rigorous program of inspections of registered public accounting firms including:
- Inspecting portions of audit work papers to assess the degree of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the rules of the Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and professional standards in connection with the performance of audits, issuance of reports, and related matters involving issuers
- Assessing the firms’ quality control structures and the related impact these structures have on audit quality;
- Meeting and interviewing firm personnel to (1) understand the firms’ quality control structures, (2) understand the audit approach to audit engagements, and (3) further develop and/or identify quality control and/or audit deficiencies
- Gathering and organizing information to support identified inspection issues
- Researching and consulting with others on technical issues
- Communicating findings to firm personnel in meetings and in comment forms;an
- Preparing comment forms and assisting with drafting inspectionreports.
As an Inspections Specialist, you will also be able to:
- Enhance your technical skills through inspection activities and the ability to collaborate with highly skilled Inspection teams;
- Participate in inspection projects aimed at enhancing the effectiveness of the Inspection program
- Participate in the development and/or facilitation of training courses; and
- Participate in the PCAOB’s recruiting process.
- Current CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and/or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license required;
- Five to eight years of progressively responsibleexperience having attained the Manager level in the audit of companies traded on the U.S. markets in the areas of IT general controls and application and process controls;
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field and/or Accounting; MBA/Master's degree is a plus;
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT general controls and application and process controls;
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB standards, generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financialreporting standards;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to travel20-30% of time (including some non-U.S. travel);and
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.