Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with thought leadership and insights, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Our Sports team is seeking an Account Manager, Client Development for an international athletic brand. The role is responsible for building relationships with a key client, providing them with value-added insights and driving revenue. We are looking for a personable candidate with the ability to utilize research and insights to engage with clients and help drive their business decisions.
This position will be based in Beaverton, OR, on-site at client organization
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with client
- Deepen understanding of, and NPD’s engagement throughout the client’s organization
- Understand client objectives, business issues and challenges
- Develop overall industry knowledge and competitive activities
- Provide thought leadership to the client by servicing the needs of the account through NPD’s data and insights. Identify important marketplace stories and proactively bring these to the client. Prepare analysis, reports, and presentations based on client requests, needs and deadlines using NPD’s business intelligence tool
- Provide insights/recommendations to client on matters impacting business
- Execute comprehensive account plans
- Grow revenue within client by identifying new business opportunities within existing contacts, and identifying new buying centers
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal NPD departments (operations, research science, product, etc.)
- Liaise with global NPD counterparts to ensure alignment and coordination
- Ensure overall client satisfaction with NPD’s service, data application and deliverables
- Enhance client and NPD collaboration through the use of NPD products
Key Success Metrics
- Client satisfaction and feedback
- Addressing client’s needs in timely fashion
- Quality of work – accuracy, insightful, storytelling, consistency
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Optimal communication and coordination amongst NPD regional teams
- 5-8+ years’ experience in a client servicing capacity with a market research firm, or footwear/apparel industry experience in consumer insights, sales or buying role.
- Related athletic footwear and/or apparel industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with POS/consumer panel data to generate analyses.
- Strong analytical skills and writing ability – able to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories; able to identify important, relevant stories within large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging and impactful presentations.
- Ability to communicate concisely with cross-functional departments both internal and external
- Experienced in consultative selling, including contract negotiations.
- Strong organizational, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
- Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Travel (typically 10% - 15%).