At Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. (FEI) nobody expects more from us than we do©. We strive to empower our associates to deliver
beyond the high expectations of our customers every day. You are now part of this legacy of service and expertise that is unmatched
in the industry. Our goal is for you to feel confident about your work and the opportunities ahead for you at FEI. The foundation for
this is built on a clear understanding of your role as described in this job overview.
JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales job family merchandises, promotes and sells the company's products and services to customers. General areas of
responsibility include developing and implementing sales strategies; identifying potential customers; managing existing customer and
vendor relationships; and monitoring customer and competitor activity and industry trends. Positions in inside sales are responsible
for generating revenue by promoting and selling the organization's products and services by telephone to existing or potential
AREAS OF IMPACT:
Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution
towards the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is on short to mid-term operational plans (e.g., 1 to 2 years). Provides
measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of
overall function results. Typically does not have expenditure budget or profit and loss accountability, but may manage certain
processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, policies or products to enhance performance of
job area. Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and
investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex. Problems typically impact multiple
departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues. Has
autonomy and authority to define solutions to non-routine problems within established operational boundaries and procedures.
• Support and enforce Sales Center expectations and goals, by driving and evaluating associate/team performance including
adherence to key performance and quality indicators.
• Perform routine call monitoring and associate coaching to address opportunities for improvement and share best practices
that support delivery of world-class customer service.
• Participate in the work of associates to understand and distribute workload, drive productivity, and ensure effective work/life
• Champion Ferguson's core values and ensure each team member delivers a fully-aligned experience with our customers.
• Work with assocaites across functions to ensure world-class customer service expectations are met from order placement to
• Set, communicate and execute tactical direction to accomplish department goals and meet call and sales deadlines.
• Ensure adherence to schedules and associate availability to our customers, as well as facilitating time-keeping and time-off
requests for effective future looking resource planning.
• Collaborate with leadership to understand customer requirements and product strategy to be supported within the Sales
• Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and
• Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge in order to promote a professional image in the field.
• Drive program implementation within sales team to lower cost to serve.
• Participate in leadership meetings and represent associate concerns, policies and guidelines to the management team.
• Conduct regular associate meetings.
• Represent the organization to customers, associates and leadership as needed.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhering to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Performing other duties or functions as requested by management.
ASSOCIATE AND OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT:
Has direct or indirect responsibility for the formal supervision of at least six (6) associates.Has authority to make job status
recommendations for associates. Has authority to fill approved job vacancies and initiate associate disciplinary action including
termination. Supports enterprise business and sales objectives through the effective and efficient performance of individual
responsibilities and supervision of associates.
May have authority to approve budgeted expenditures within established limits or has oversight of a portion of an established
budget. Has no expenditure budget setting responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of five (5) years of experience is typically required to perform at expectation. Applies advanced knowledge of specific
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Associate is expected to operate at the expert level across the following areas of technical knowledge and skill:
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to groups.
• Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
• Ability to efficiently operate computers, tablets and mobile devices.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
• Ability to effectively utilize FEI's customer relationship management system.
• Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• Requires giving and/or receiving verbal communication.
• Requires giving and/or receiving written communication.
• Requires using a computer keyboard and mouse to create letters, memoranda and reports.
• Requires sitting for extended periods.