Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our North America division is seeking to add an experienced Inside Sales Supervisor to its Inside Sales team located in Beachwood, Ohio. The purpose of this role is to effectively manage a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) to drive superior customer service and effective resource utilization.
- Actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
- Live and champion the Aleris core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork
- Coach, motivate, provide regular feedback to staff and write and deliver annual reviews. Develop and execute plans to cross-train ISR’s across segment accounts to increase customer/ segment knowledge, provide backup coverage, etc.
- Evaluate and maintain segment ISR account assignments to drive maximum resource utilization and customer service. Oversee all daily segment transactions to ensure approved commercial and/or operational policies are adhered to (orders, credits, deductions, reserves, etc.).
- Sell and service an account load of high complexity. Consistently meet guidelines for contractual agreements within your customer base. Consistently and efficiently enter accurate orders relative to customers’ instructions and corporate guidelines. Expect accuracy rate of 98.5 to 100 percent.
- Oversee and control all inventory and service programs for segment accounts; this includes understanding the business rationale for specific programs, providing analytical feedback regarding program success, and monitoring the programs to ensure adherence.
- Back up other Inside Sales Supervisors and the Director of Inside Sales and be a mentor to Inside Sales Representatives and Coordinators.
- Anticipate, meet and/or exceed customers’ needs to maximize satisfaction. Promote a strong customer service image to customers and other ARP divisions, within approved Aleris Rolled Products guidelines.
- Accurately record bookings, consistent with tactical plans, on appropriate booking screens at the time they are taken to eliminate overbooking the mill for any product category in any given week. Facilitate and manage all segment reserves.
- Demonstrate positive, professional behavior toward your work, colleagues and management. Provide guidance and assistance to otherSales Representatives and Sales Coordinators Communicate effectively with your customers, colleagues, and all levels of the organization.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities associated with Inside Sales processes. Participate in established training programs.
- Manage, monitor and participate in Aleris Operating Systems activities such as KPI tracking, work instruction creation and countermeasure development.
- Approve all freight premiums, LTL charges and credits within the agreed upon approval limit or formal Delegation of Authority.
- Work collaboratively with both local and corporate Supply Chain representatives to assist in capacity management and customer allocation.
- Associate’s degree and/or combination of experience/education.
- 5+ years of experience in a complex high volume customer service/inside sales role or related field with demonstrated results and success.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team, project and/or process improvement.
- Solid understanding of business processes (quoting, order tracking, follow-up).
- Ability to use computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing documents, databases, and e-mail programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation, and verbal communication skills and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated results
- Ability to effectively and accurately forecast products, monthly sales and shipments.
- Proven ability to document and improve work processes as well as develop and execute training programs.
- Travel-10% domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a metals-related business with a working knowledge of aluminum products
- Supervisory experience
- Oracle experience
- Previous experience in a supervisor role
- Aluminum and or metals industry knowledge
- Solid understanding of LeanSix Sigma
Requisition ID 2017-28225