FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Perform duties to provide inside sales support and inside account management for assigned geographic region, generate product demonstrations, maintain customer contact and generate revenues, working within the limits of standard or accepted practices. This position is within our 3D Manufacturing vertical.
This is a Bilingual English/Spanish position and will have a Latin America distribution territory. This will be a dual role, performing the ISS function for the distributors in Latin America as well as the IAM function for Latin America in the 3D Manufacturing vertical. This position is a hourly + commission role.
This position requires:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working Business to Business (B2B) sales
- Ability to type 40-45+ WPM
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Written Verbal and Communication)
- Manufacturing and/or high-tech experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proven effectiveness in working in a fast-paced environment and stay current on technical product developments
- Demonstrated ability to overcome sales barriers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with customer databases, CRM e.g., Goldmine, SalesForce, etc. SalesForce.com experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient internet search skills to prospect for customers
- Comfortable with a low base salary + commission. Target Total Cash Comp is around $50k first year. Unlimited potential.
- Demonstrated ability to attain and exceed quotas on a regular basis
- Ability to establish excellent working rapport with outside sales reps, other team members and customers
- Flexible schedule in order to support the territory (8-hour days but start as early as
- 7am or finish as late as 6:30pm depending on time of year and assigned geography)
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listening to others, and delivering presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Qualify incoming leads for Latin America. Provide required information and forward to distributor for follow-up. Determine demonstration requirements based on a range of factors including applications, geography and staff availability.
- Communicate information concerning demonstration requirements and coordinate schedules with potential customers and outside sales staff as appropriate.
- Document records regarding potential customer in computer database and coordinate distributor follow-up on a set schedule.
- Communicate quarterly with existing FARO customers in region for follow-up on warranty renewals, aftermarket accessory and/or training needs, and to uncover any additional system sales requirements.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for advancing the sales process.
- Communicate with outside sales staff to obtain required data and prepare sales quotations based on specifications provided.
- Apply appropriate pricing and discounts based on established pricing policy and obtain authorization for special pricing or other non-standard elements of quotations. Review quotations for accuracy and issue to potential customers.
- Generate revenues by providing ongoing customer contact and by closing opportunities.
- Assist with lead generation through cold calling and obtaining referrals in conjunction with marketing staff and other resources tonsure that assigned territories have sufficient leads and opportunities in order to generate demos.
- Receive and review purchase orders. Validate against quote and confirm details with customers. Prepare Contract Review; attach purchase order and electronic customer records and issue to accounting for review and credit authorization.
- Facilitate communications among the sales team. Make recommendations for improving the sales process, approach and systems.
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events