FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Perform duties to provide inside sales support for assigned geographic region, generate product demonstrations, maintain customer contact and generate revenues, working within the limits of standard or accepted practices.
This position requires:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working Business to Business (B2B) sales
- Ability to type 40-45+ WPM
- Manufacturing and/or high-tech experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proven effectiveness in working in a fast-paced environment and stay current on technical product developments
- Demonstrated ability to overcome sales barriers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with customer databases, CRM e.g., Goldmine, SalesForce, etc. SalesForce.com experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient internet search skills to prospect for customers
- Comfortable with a low base salary + commission. Target Total Cash Comp is around $65k first year. Unlimited potential.
- Demonstrated ability to attain and exceed quotas on a regular basis
- Ability to establish excellent working rapport with outside sales reps, other team members and customers
- Flexible schedule in order to support the territory (8 hour days but start as early as 7am or finish as late as 630pm depending on time of year and assigned geography)
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Contact potential customers to qualify leads. Provide required information and schedule product demonstrations. Determine demonstration requirements based on a range of factors including applications, geography and staff availability. Communicate information concerning demonstration requirements and coordinate schedules with potential customers and outside sales staff as appropriate. Document records regarding potential customer in computer database.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for advancing the sales process. Communicate with outside sales staff to obtain required data and prepare sales quotations based on specifications provided. A
- Apply appropriate pricing and discounts based on established pricing policy and obtain authorization for special pricing or other non-standard elements of quotations. Review quotations for accuracy and issue to potential customers.
- Generate revenues by providing ongoing customer contact and by closing opportunities.
Assist with lead generation through cold calling and obtaining referrals in conjunction with marketing staff and other resources tonsure that assigned territories have sufficient leads and opportunities in order to generate demos.
- Receive and review purchase orders. Validate against quote and confirm details with customers. Prepare Contract Review; attach purchase order and electronic customer records and issue to accounting for review and credit authorization.
- Facilitate communications among the sales team. Make recommendations for improving the sales process, approach and systems.
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally, FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and compound structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes. They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic sites.