Inside Sales Representative, Specialty Materials
Less than 5 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Inside Sales Representative, Specialty Chemicals
Vertellus is a dynamic international company, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Our culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees so that we can focus on providing the best products and solutions to our customers.
Vertellus is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative located at either our Parsippany, NJ or our Indianapolis, In office.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, Americas, the Inside Sales Representative for Specialty Materials will be responsible to manage and grow Specialty Materials product lines in the US.
- In coordination with account managers, call on and maintain a variety of existing accounts including several large bulk commodity customers.
- Duties include coordinating orders, obtaining forecasts, ensuring updated pricing and helping to resolve logistics or quality issues.
- Proactively call on B and C accounts as directed to obtain orders and market intel.
- Prospect and qualify new opportunities including following up on web requests and maintaining an active and robust pipeline in CRM.
- Support distributors for pricing, regulatory and documentation needs.
- Consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly AOP (Annual Operating Plan) targets of volume, revenue and profitability.
- On an on-going basis, identify growth areas for Specialty Materials.
- Perform “Voice Of Customer” activities to gather unmet needs at accounts.
- Work closely with marketing to feed customer needs into the New Product introduction development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or other related field is required.
- 3-5 plus years’ experience in selling specialty chemicals to the consumer, pharma, healthcare, coatings or adhesives markets
- Proven track record of developing sales plans and following up on the execution to achieve growth goals
- Experience working with distribution partners
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with external and internal customers
- Ability to travel within the US (20-30%)
- Strong analytical capabilities including competence with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
- Strong hunting skills.
- Successful experience using a CRM to facilitate growth, communication and customer experience as well as competence with SAP.
- Bias for action and results oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in understanding customer needs.
- Experience in a global organization preferred.