Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the bestexperience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to eachother’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help business think differently? If you answered yes then we might have a home here for you at Splunk! The Inside Sales Rep (for Named Accounts) will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award-winning software into well known/brand named companies. You have a proven track record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will follow up with in-bound leads and status update through the company CRM system as well conduct outbound prospecting and lead generation. You are an expert at qualifying leads and you will schedule product demos for customers.
- Display a real passion for managing accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services. In addition you will:
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Partner with up to 12 field sales representatives in various geo/territories. Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
You have around 3-4 years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance). As well as a solid reputation for consultative sales experience and meaningful companies/businesses to think differently and references to back it up.
- Proven track record of exceeding yearly quota
- Previously worked in fast growing software sales company
- Reputation for success in a consultative sales environments and putting the customer first
- You have developed new business and managed sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Able to commute daily to our Plano office (this is not a remote position)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- A logical and analytical thinker and have demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude, strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also be a contributing member of a team and share your successes
- Desire to grow within sales field organization
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree