Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Holdings Inc., operating through its wholly owned subsidiary BlueLinx Corporation, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,700 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Serves as a mid-level inside sales representative for new and existing accounts through inbound and outbound telephone calls. Facilitates all aspects of the sales process to include identifying new opportunities; developing sales solutions; closing sales opportunities; negotiating pricing; providing outstanding customer service and follow-up. Partners with outside sales to ensure sales efforts are maximized and opportunities uncovered.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers. Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list and creating customer / product sales plans).
- Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with outside sales representatives.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluates solutions where necessary.
- Closes sales opportunities by gaining purchase orders and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
- Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction, facilitating long-term relationships for repeat business.
May have assigned product responsibility such as managing inventory levels (indirect product sourcing), managing inventory turns, promoting product to other inside sales employees and assisting in product pricing and developing promotional literature.
Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. A solid level of knowledge is needed in account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge, product pricing, sales support, warehousing/distribution, transportation and records management. Possesses strong telephone skills with the ability to utilize creative skills and innovation in developing solutions to problems and issues. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
Years of experience: 2-5+ years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experiencepreferred; 2-4+ years experience with MS / MA / MBA.