The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing service to assigned customers consisting of medium-sized enterprise clients, small service providers and resellers of GTT services. The Inside Sales Representative will ensure accounts are retained, services renewed, and additional revenue opportunities are addressed by identifying opportunities to sell additional GTT services into the assigned client base, quoting, and obtaining orders for those services. This role is integral to GTT's stated mission of providing service to our clients with simplicity, speed, and agility from quoting through service activation and support.
Internal Departments they will interact with:
- Outside Sales
- Sales Support including Quoting, Order Processing and Sales Engineering
- Service Delivery
- Completes account planning that includes managing growth and retention activities for all clients within the assigned account base (including development of account profiles, account strategy and facilitating all required duties and tasks necessary to deliver a positive customer experience).
- Identifies, evaluates and secures orders in assigned accounts for:
- Opportunities to generate additional revenue through up-selling, proposals, and ongoing marketing promotions.
- Expiring services and contracts.
- Facilitates customer order requests for moves, adds, changes, and disconnects. Initiates orders and ensures that the orders have been completed in a timely and accurate manner to the customer's satisfaction.
- Monitors assigned account activities (e.g., Customer Alerts, trouble tickets, billing adjustments and collection reports) and follows up as necessary to research, facilitate, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Actively develops a sales funnel through ongoing communications to assigned customers, utilizing including but not limited to phone calls and e-mail.
- Manages contractual obligations to ensure compliance is maintained with terms and conditions specified in contracts/Master Service Agreements
- Formulates and presents solutions persuasively and effectively while linking benefits to the client's business objectives and needs.
- Actively qualifies opportunities by understanding the customer's business, buying process, requirements, and expectations.
- Responsible for producing new sales from current GTT customers via telephone and other methods. Must have a sense of urgency and respond to inquiries within established timeframes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to Sales' needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving workflow.
- Tenacity - Looks for ways to identify the appropriate target and make contact, tell the GTT story and create opportunities, self-driven
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Manages multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business or telecommunications or equivalent combination of applicable education/experience
- 4+ years' experience in direct sales/account management, up-selling, product positioning, and customer service to end user customers, preferably in telecommunications or technology industry
- Working knowledge of the Internet and web site navigation
- Communication – Verbal and written, utilizing various communication vehicles
- Active listening and interpersonal skills
- Conflict management/dispute resolution
- Energetic, positive, and customer-friendly attitude
- Aptitude to work in rapidly changing environment - desire to adapt to changing work requirements and multi-task
- Must be accountable and demonstrate a high level of concern for work output
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook
- Inside Sales, Outside Sales or Appointment Generating experience
- Experience selling a technology-based solution
- Upselling experience
Other Similar Job Functions:
- 4 Year college degree preferred in business or technical field
- Standard business hours M-F, no travel