o Receive incoming sales requests via telephone, email, and other forms.
o Follow up on leads to further qualify prospects including answering questions, explaining products services, and/or warranties.
o Examine customer inquiries/needs and advise them on the best product applications and features to meet their needs.
o Provide quotes to customers related to identified needs.
o Accurately place orders into the system from customer issued PO’s. Follow orders to ensure their successful delivery within customer expectations.
o Update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database related to all sales activities including new and prospective customers.
o Create, promote, and maintain positive customer relations at all times with existing and prospective customers.
o Obtain and maintain knowledge on customers in order to better service and understand their needs.
o Continuously maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s products and services in order to promote services to current and potential customers.
o Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors. Understand and learn their products in order to source products at the best price for the company and customers. Keep up-to-date and well-informed on their product offerings and applications.
o Communicate with outside sales staff (Account Managers) as needed.
o Maintain product literature and keep it up-to-date.
o Respond to customer calls and inquires in a courteous and timely manner.
The position requirements are:
- Some college preferred.
- 5 years of experience in motor repair, sales, or customer service.
- Strong desire to increase technical knowledge, learn about mechanical and electrical aspects of motors, and power generation.
- Experience with CRM preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strategic and tactical business planning skills.
- Experience with uncomfortable conversations and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present in one-to-one or group settings.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask while coordinating multiple priorities.
- Strong self-initiative with the ability to effectively work without direct supervision.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to promote a positive company image at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple to complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to non-routine duties.