Develop new prospects and maintain contacts with established customers for the purpose of selling Company products; primarily interact with prospects and customers by telephone or other electronic means of communication, with occasional in person visits to customer's place of business.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively, and report potential claims.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed, and recommend new items for stock.
- Maintain up-to-date customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts.
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate products after sale when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of 5 year experience required
High school diploma or GEDrequired
Preferred Job Requirements
6-10 years experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of product line and pricing
- Knowledge of business administration, sales and marketing
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to learn business and work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to make a professional presentation of self and products
- Ability to sell and be persuasive