As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market andsupport industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees areworking on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Summary of Responsibilities
Ideal candidates include individuals with a proven track record of successful prospecting, appointment setting and relationship building with business owners, executives and managers. Your focus is on identifying good opportunities and scheduling time with decision makers so that our outside sales team can meet and continue conversation. This position works with many units within the organization, as well as intra-division, and reports to the Sales Director, Americas.
If you are resilient, able to smile in the face of adversity and talk to anyone, and you believe thecustomer is always right, we want to talk to you.
To sell company products by:
- Prospecting, doing Cold and Warm calling and emailing to qualify leads, and passing tooutside sales force.
- Assist outside sales force in demos, quotes, negotiation, and closing of sales.
- Work with customers to find out what they want, create solutions, and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Contact leads and potential customers to explain type and value of products and services.
- Prepare, manage, and deliver quotes.
- Collect customer contact information for every sale.
- Compiling list of potential customers, from outside and inside sources, including, but not limited to direct mailing/advertisement, incoming sales calls, website leads trade show and event activities and listings.
- Find, follow and act on Federal and state bid boards by making bids and providing required documentation.
- Preparing and developing an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce existing relationships, introduce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections
- Working closely with marketing and the outside sales team.
- Attend company trade shows and events as required for lead generation.
- Assist Production and Service in dates of delivery for customers and general expectation management help.
- Maintain and manage company demonstration pool, making sure outside sales team has the proper equipment for demonstration.
- Prepare and maintain accurate sales reports, as well as keeping detailed documentation and record-keeping, including entry of all customer activity into our CRM tool.
- May include transition to outside sales for select customers and/or opportunities asrequired by Regional Sales Manager.
- Professional yet friendly demeanor, well-spoken and ready to close the deal
- Experience or background in high-tech sales, value-based selling. Scientific, analytical equipment experience a plus.
- Comfortable and confident with cold calling, persistent, as not every customer is going to be a sale; be able to bounce back if you lose a sale is key
- Excellent communication skills and good judgement
- Proficient with Office and Salesforce, as well as using Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of WebEx, TeamViewer and other remote software
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred (preferably in science/technology or business)
- 5 years sales experience