Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires and trains new Account Representatives.
- Provides guidance regarding consultative sales techniques, product knowledge and performance expectations.
- Serves as a resource for the Account Representatives: Facilitates communication between the branches and the representatives;
- Employs sales and industry knowledge to help the representatives develop strategies at all accounts under their responsibility;
- Helps the Account Representatives troubleshoot customer issues as they arise.
- Evaluates Account Representatives effectiveness and productivity through the tracking of account activity and sales & margin growth.
- Conducts frequent joint sales calls with Account Representatives to provide first-hand coaching in the development of selling skills and to increase penetration of all accounts.
- Coaches Account Representatives in preparing detailed sales plan, forecasting customer demand, and implementing Univar USA’s marketing plans and strategy (e.g. maximize sales of key products).
- Creates and maintains sales territories and the assignment of accounts to maximize Account Representatives productivity.
- Implements sales strategies that support national initiatives while identifying areas of opportunity specific to respective region.
- Per Industry vertical and Univar leadership, determines appropriate competitive pricing arrangements for select products & industries based on organizational sales goals & profit margins.
- Demonstrates proficient use of sales automation tool set in addition to proficient use of PC and all related software/tools, and all Univar sales tools (UPAT, Manage My Quotes, UVX, Salesforce.com, etc.).
- Understands Univar USA’s products and services and applications of key products.
- Safeguards all company assets including account/territory knowledge. Coordinates and administers corporate personnel policies and programs within assigned territory and area of responsibility.
- Four-yeardegree or equivalent business experience.
- Knowledge of chemicaldistribution business a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years salesexperience.
- Experience managing an inside sales team strongly preferred.
- High level of decision-making ability, balancing customer’s needs and company objectives.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to gain and maintain credibility throughout the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills in coaching and team building with all levels of people in the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience using CRM/Sales metrics to measure and drive sales growth.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent telephone and consultative selling skills.
- Knowledgeable of pricing and marketing strategy.
- Strong PC skills including: Excel, Outlook, CRM, sales tools, etc.