Payspan is a leading FinTech firm focused on healthcare payment processing with accounts receivable, accounts payable and specialized healthcare claim payment services for health insurers, providers and consumers. Payspan’s software as a service and transaction processing platforms in 2019 processed $100B in transactions and 480M in claims while serving over 600 health plans, 1.3M providers, and 350k members. Payspan’s platforms process electronic funds transfers, checks, credit cards, debit cards, virtual cards and enhanced ACH in compliance with SOC1, SOC2, PCIDSS, EHNAC and HITRUST compliance frameworks.
A private equity-backed firm, Payspan invests heavily in people, process and technology in pursuit of our mission to simplify healthcare payments through creation of innovative proprietary platforms that deliver services for the billing, payment, communication, and cost-reduction needs of our customers.
Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service while spending each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. At Payspan you will be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Payspan is seeking an experienced, team and results oriented professional sales leader who can lead an inside sales team and personally sell Payspan’s Patient Financial Engagement – Small and Medium Business (PFE-SMB) service to healthcare providers. The Inside Sales Manager is a player-coach role responsible for new business development with the Patient Financial Engagement SMB portfolio. Beyond leading the team to execute the sales process and deliver upon sales quotas, this role will contribute to marketing-led demand generation and the execution of self-sourced lead development by sales staff. This is a high growth opportunity and successful candidates will gain in-depth knowledge of Payspan’s leading cloud-based healthcare payments solutions and the healthcare industry while earning a competitive base salary and benefits plus an uncapped commission potential.
Inside Sales Manager – Provider SMB
Management Oversight and Individual Contributor Key Responsibilities:
- Delivery of Sales Objectives including but not limited to quota, customer satisfaction and influence and adoption of projected transaction volume
- Development and maintenance of comprehensive knowledge of Payspan’s product suite
- Development and management of new sales opportunities utilizing phone, email, and web conferences to qualify leads and engage prospects throughout the sales process.
- Prepare and deliver sales demonstrations via web-conferencing and other virtual methodologies (face to face could become necessary on rare occasion)
- Manage and develop relationships as identified by self-sourced or targeted provider campaigns
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing as needed to generate revenue and positive sales outcomes
- Effectively transition customer requirements to operations staff to ensure a smooth transition and go-live.
- Strategically manage and report on each sales opportunity as it moves through the sales-pipeline
- Track, understand and take action to optimize conversion rates at each step of the marketing and sales process to maximize sales results
- Ensure all sales activity is logged in SalesForce.com following Payspan processes
- Provide feedback to management on process, collateral, or product development gaps that if fixed would improve marketing and sales results
- Development and management of assigned sales team member performance and skills development
- Set and track sales targets and metrics for your team in cooperation with the SVP Marketing & Sales
- Coordinate department projects to meet deadlines
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and demonstrate through results that your forecasting is an acceptably accurate predictor of actual results, e.g. +/- 5% of revenue and deal “win” count
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
- Ensure sales, finance, security, compliance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Take particular care in vetting prospects to detect and reject fraudulent applicants
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency and increase sales
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Servant leadership approach and willingness to promote and live by our values of integrity, collaboration, empowerment, respect, and accountability.
- Outstanding team time management, motivational and organizational skills
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to quickly teach and self-pitch solutions to effectively generate interest in products
- Hands on experience with CRM and MS software products
- Ability to work in our conveniently located Atlanta office
- Experience selling software, financial, or payments related products a plus
- Experience selling healthcare solutions a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- 10 yrs+ of proven work experience as an Inside Sales Manager or Sales Manager
- Degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field bachelor’s degree preferred