- Drive the entire sales cycle, work with the Inside Sales Department to assign, prospect and manage new business opportunities. Maximize opportunities by actively contacting existing and new accounts through direct contact and cold calling efforts.
- Ensure relationships with customers are well managed and that future customer requirements are understood and responded to effectively, managing priorities as needed. Anticipate customer business drivers and requirements to proactively deliver updates and responses.
- Responsible for ensuring Inside Sales Representatives are building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities through prospecting and lead nurturing and prioritizing resources to build a strong and sustainable opportunity pipeline.
- Ensure all leads and prospective targets are properly captured into Salesforce.com (SF) and receive the appropriate levels of attention.
- Responsible for providing weekly forecast updates on SF opportunity funnel to Sales Operations Team.
- Regularly monitor team’s performance against goals and work with team members to ensure engagement while identifying gap recovery plans
- Prepare and deliver monthly business reviews. Monitor and review performance against plan/forecast and lead in-depth reviews to explore variances and advise Black Box management on significant changes, developments and actions required.
- Assist with the RFQ process, including proposal development, specification compliance, scope development, pricing, and terms and conditions. Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required, in line with company guidelines
- Provide input from customers on market conditions, competitor strategies and industry trends to drive real-time feedback into the organization.
- Create a collaborative culture, driving employee development and mission alignment through the Khorus Goal Setting Tool.
- Work directly and indirectly with End-Users and Channel Partners to coordinate efforts and ensure Black Box interests are protected and maximized.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, accounting, management or any other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in outbound sales environments, utilizing dashboards and call center metrics.
- Ten (10) years' professional experience in a supervisory capacity
- Proficiency in management skills including problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to stay current with market/industry dynamics
- Knowledge of data communications products and services
- Customer Focus: Strong customer management and situational management skills. The priority is to acquire new customers and expand wallet-share with existing accounts.
- Metrics-Driven: Proficiency in managing the inside sales function using clearly defined strategies, tactics and metrics.
- Proactive: Highly motivated, self-starter able to plan, anticipate and initiate in managing and driving the sales function.
- Work Ethic: Can-do attitude, high level of drive and initiative, and willingness to do what it takes to "stretch" and get the job done. Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
- Leadership Capability: Demonstrated success as a leader, with the ability to formulate strategies, build consensus for new ideas and initiatives, and to accomplish desired results working with and through others. Strong facilitation skills with the ability to motivate and engage others.
- Interpersonal Style: Outgoing, positive personality with the ability to establish rapport and to work effectively with those within and outside the organization.
- Communication Skills: Articulate, clear and concise in message delivery, with the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Integrity: High level of trustworthiness and unquestioned integrity